Reach + even more reach

Organizing and discussing Pathfinder Society games.

https://secure.paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/

This website uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Inc., which are used under Paizo's Community Use Policy. We are expressly prohibited from charging you to use or access this content. This website is not published, endorsed, or specifically approved by Paizo Inc. For more information about Paizo's Community Use Policy, please visit paizo.com/communityuse. For more information about Paizo Inc. and Paizo products, please visit paizo.com.
Forum rules

Use this forum for general discussions of Pathfinder Society rules, events,...

Planning games at an individual venue should be posted within the forum for that venue.

This website uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Inc., which are used under Paizo's Community Use Policy. We are expressly prohibited from charging you to use or access this content. This website is not published, endorsed, or specifically approved by Paizo Inc. For more information about Paizo's Community Use Policy, please visit paizo.com/communityuse. For more information about Paizo Inc. and Paizo products, please visit paizo.com.
wingnut20x6

Reach + even more reach

Post by wingnut20x6 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:23 pm

Has there been a definitive ruling on how multiple reach options react with one another?

Found this floating around, does this look right to most people?
http://i.imgur.com/8BLfCjj.png

Was looking into how Reach weapon + Long Arms would work. Even more complicated when you then enlarge yourself. I understand the buffer around you in which you no longer can attack, and it's easy to add to figure out how far you can hit, but it's the in-between that has me confused.
Andy B
-----
Wings, Sharpshooter Sld 2 (SF)
Flames, Sld 1/Sol 1 (SF)
Twitch, Technomaner 2 (SF)

Elirion Barbarian 8 (Core)
Gustavo Paladin 3 (Core)
Diego Cleric 2 (Core)
Tree-trunk Barbarian 1/Cleric 1 (Core)

Sin-La Unchained Monk 6
No Na Me Unchained Barbarian 2/Mutation Warrior 2
Ashe Ninja 2
Shawn Empiricist 2

GinoA

Re: Reach + even more reach

Post by GinoA » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:25 am

That chart looks wrong in a couple ways.

For small/medium, it looks good.

As it notes, for fine, dimin, tiny; the rules don't really exist. So, the values it shows are reasonable GM rulings. A GM could also rule that the last column should be 5-10ft.

For Large (tall), it looks almost correct. The last column should be 20-25 as I read it. Large (long), the last column would be 10-15.

I haven't bothered reading the rest carefully. It looks like they are interpreting the application of longarms and reach as multiplicative. Paizo has made it clear that when you get multiple reach extensions, they add up, they don't multiple up. This is actually a variation on a general rule that is summed up as "x2 plus x2 equals x3".

wingnut20x6

Re: Reach + even more reach

Post by wingnut20x6 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:45 am

Thanks I was mostly interested in medium and large (tall) anyway, as to how you would play such a character.
Andy B
-----
Wings, Sharpshooter Sld 2 (SF)
Flames, Sld 1/Sol 1 (SF)
Twitch, Technomaner 2 (SF)

Elirion Barbarian 8 (Core)
Gustavo Paladin 3 (Core)
Diego Cleric 2 (Core)
Tree-trunk Barbarian 1/Cleric 1 (Core)

Sin-La Unchained Monk 6
No Na Me Unchained Barbarian 2/Mutation Warrior 2
Ashe Ninja 2