Intimidate skill, and fails

Organizing and discussing Pathfinder Society games.

https://secure.paizo.com/pathfinderSociety/

This website uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Inc., which are used under Paizo's Community Use Policy. We are expressly prohibited from charging you to use or access this content. This website is not published, endorsed, or specifically approved by Paizo Inc. For more information about Paizo's Community Use Policy, please visit paizo.com/communityuse. For more information about Paizo Inc. and Paizo products, please visit paizo.com.
Forum rules

Use this forum for general discussions of Pathfinder Society rules, events,...

Planning games at an individual venue should be posted within the forum for that venue.

This website uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Inc., which are used under Paizo's Community Use Policy. We are expressly prohibited from charging you to use or access this content. This website is not published, endorsed, or specifically approved by Paizo Inc. For more information about Paizo's Community Use Policy, please visit paizo.com/communityuse. For more information about Paizo Inc. and Paizo products, please visit paizo.com.
ElishaK
Venture Agent

Intimidate skill, and fails

Post by ElishaK » Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:01 pm

For all those intimidate monsters. I had to look up what happens on failed attempts, not that those happen often.

Under try again. Yes you can of course, but the DC increases by +5 for each time you fail.

So example: Andy is trying to be scary, gets a 25 on his roll. The boss laughs at him, because the DC was 26.
Andy tries again and rolls a 30. The boss again laughs at him because the DC is now 31. The DC is now 36 and so on.

Just something to keep in mind while both running and playing with the intimidate skill. I know next time I run for the scary pc I'm making sure to use this rule, because it's the only way to make it a challenge for the player.